Monday, September 3, 2007

Friedburg

This was a day like I imagined the one of riding in the Dolomites to be - pass after pass with fast descends in between. It started with quick 6 km climb to Passo Mauria (1259m), then down into the Cadore valley (now I know what that song was about), up to Cortina and on to Passo Falzarego (2105m), down again loosing 600m, up on Passo Pordoi (2239m), down for 400m, up to Passo Sella (2244m), and finaly a long 1500m descent through Val Gardena. It wasn't too cold, so that I didn't need to put a wind jacked going down, good roads, not much traffic - a fantastic day! I got a room in a medieval castle with old wooden furniture and leaking roof. A rain front passed during the night, exactly as it was predicted and I expected fine weather for the rest of the week.

Day 2: 149 km. Total 299 km.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home